Auburn was getting a brush of tropical storm Alberto today, so I wanted to make something lively and full of color to counter the icky skies. My favorite thing about making salads is that you can take your sweet time making them exactly how you want it. I HATE feeling rushed when I’m cooking and worrying that it’s not all going to be warm at the same time.
I wasn’t sure if shrimp and bacon would go well together, but it was SO good! I wish I had some walnuts to candy and add, but it was still great without them. I also normally use my cheese grader to shred carrots for salads, but it was dirty and I didn’t feel like cleaning it, so I just thinly sliced baby carrots instead. They look like polka dots and I think I like this new method better just for its cuteness, and lack of cheese grader to clean.
• Sautéed shrimp in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Old Bay lemon and herbs seasoning
• Spinach and arugula mix
• Mix of shredded provolone and mozzarella (a sprinkle)
• Sliced strawberries (three strawberries)
• Sliced baby carrots (three baby carrots)
• Shredded bacon (one slice)
• Basil (a sprinkle)
• Raspberry Walnut vinaigrette (Newman’s Own)